Best Link-Building Strategies
Inbound links to a website are vital for its ranking in search engine results if the links are coming from high PR niche-related websites. Now a day, to build risk-free backlinks is not much easy. To make this difficult task a little easier for you, I’ve compiled a list of some best link-building techniques. Not all of these techniques work for all people, but the list is long enough that you can almost undoubtedly find a technique that works for you.
Low-Risk Link-Building Techniques
- Start a blog: Your life is a story. Building a blog is extremely easy. You may even don’t need to pay for it if you choose a free service like Blogger or WordPress. If you are able to differentiate yourself, you will have a limitless supply of link opportunities. Find something that you think other people will find interesting and share it with the world. Creating a business blog is similarly helpful if you are a part of a large organization. Getting content approved adds some bureaucratic headaches, but it can be worth if you stick with it. An honest, insightful blog about the inside of a corporation is relatively rare and is rewarded with quality links.
- Help bloggers: Bloggers are great link suppliers. It is a natural part of their job. You can tap into this by helping them find the information they need. The easiest way to do this is to find recent articles where the blogger has made a mistake and send a polite email with the correction. Many times the blogger will choose to link back to you out of appreciation.
- Sign-up for HARO: Similarly, you can help online reporters do their job. This service connects reporters and content producers with the people who can answer their questions. You can be the expert they are looking to interview.
- Contact business partners: If you are running a business, you will undoubtedly have business partners. These partners will likely have links. Consider taking a link rather than payment for a simple task with a partner.
- Ask customers: No one likes your products more than your customers. Many times these customers have websites and blogs of their own. You can make a polite request for a backlink in your receipts and confirmation emails as well as in promotional emails which you send them periodically.
- Ask friends and family: Your friends and family members may likely have websites, blogs and forums. They can link back to you and can help you out in building inbound links to your website.
- Analyze your competitors: You can analyze your competitors' websites for backlinks using any analyzing service like SEOMoz Pro or HubFinder and then can request the linking websites to give a backlink to your website also. By this, your PR will improve and you will surpass your competitors.
- Write articles: There are a lot of article publishing services which accept quality articles. You can find a list of some article publishing websites here which are not only free, but the articles are accepted and published instantly. You can get some valuable links from your articles which you submit to these services. The list doesn’t end here; you can find much more services like these on the web.
- Write for other bloggers: Guest posting is the best method of building quality and relevant inbound links to your own website. You can mention yourself as a guest poster on your own website, on social networks and other platforms. Interested bloggers will ask you to write for them and will link back to your website or blog for your contribution. We also accept guest posts. You can read about guest posting on our blog here.
- Do a charity work: You can help a charity on its website and can ask for a link in return. This is really helpful and gives you a backlink from trusted domains.
- Write a how-to: How-tos are great link generators. You can write how to do something that other people don’t. Unique and new things will attract more visitors and they will love your content; and the loved content is always linked back.
- Write tutorials: Tutorials are also useful as how-tos. Mostly, the tutorials are searched by technical people and they are more likely to link back to your content if they found it handy.
- Put something unique and engaging on your website: Entertaining, funny, tricky and other engaging stuff brings more visitors and makes them visit you again and again. If your visitors find your stuff interesting and worthy, they recommend it to others and you not only get backlinks, you get referred visitors also. Put something interesting like quizzes, a chat room, a funny video or something else like this.
- Interview someone noteworthy: If you can interview someone famous or experienced in the concerned field, than this will help you a lot in auto-building of backlinks. Others will find your website worthy as it contains something different than other websites, and thus your website will be linked more.
- Participate in comments on other blogs: Blog commenting is becoming more and more popular now a day. You can participate in commenting on niche-related blog posts and can leave your valuable comments there. Once you get a reputation there, you can post your links in comments if they are very closely related and worthy. Never try to spam while you are commenting. In present days, CommentLuv enabled blogs are a very good platform for getting quality backlinks, as you don’t need to post your link within your comment. Your website link (and sometimes latest post link) will be posted to the blog with your name when you fill out the comment form and post a comment.
Riskier Link-Building Techniques
The above techniques were risk free, i.e. there is no fear of loss of the efforts or penalizing by search engines. There is a riskier link building technique also which may benefit websites for short term but the long-term success couldn’t be guaranteed. This technique is the buying of links from directories and link brokers. If you buy some backlinks, then it needs to be paid continually. Once you stop paying, you will loss all the backlinks, and off course the ranking too. Such type of links may give the rapid results, but never go for this technique if you need long term success.
These were some link building techniques which were extracted from the Dany Dover’s eBook “Search Engine Optimization Secrets”. We hope that you liked this. Best of luck!
Reference: Dany Dover, 2011. Search Engine Optimization Secrets. pp. 159-163
Labels: Articles, Blogger Tips, Blogging, SEO, Web Designing